Friday, November 14, 2008

Emily Gordon's Journal

When I moved into this home, I was astonished. It was very family-friendly, and it had a charm to it. It would be very roomy too if my sister wasn't living with us.
It's okay, I guess. She promised to pull her share of the weight; even looking after Amber and Jessie while Ted and I worked. But still, that extra space would be nice...

I found a job as a law file clerk. Not exactly what I wanted, but whatever works at the moment...

Not even a day since we moved here, and Jenine is already in her formal clothes trying to woo someone. She told me she thinks he's really The One, but I don't think so.

Ted got a job as a Mail room Technician. Again, not the best, but the best we could get based on our choices. Ted's a great father to Jessie, and I couldn't be more grateful.

Amber has found she has a natural affinity to journalism and critiquing books and movies. Do we have a future journalist on our hands?

Jenine kept her promise; she cared for Jessie while we were gone, and then some.
She taught Jessie how to talk and walk while we were gone, which made me feel like a bad mother. Ted kept reassuring me I'm doing the right thing by working full-time. I hope he's right...

I was still sure to bond with my babies; even though I'm a Fortune sim, I love my girls and I just want to be able to provide for them and do what's best.

Ted, Jenine and I all tried finding what we were naturally good at. Turns out, none of us have an affinity for nature; especially me. Jenine caught a bass, though. And I think Ted caught a boot. I was reading somewhere that Boot Juice is the best stuff you will ever taste. Hmm, I think I'll try it sometime.

Over a simple slowdance, Ted and I found that our natural affinity is indeed Music and Dance. I guess we're just musicially gifted!

My little baby Jessie isn't so little anymore. She just turned five. She has a natural affinity for tinkering. Well, I guess that will be good fun for her! She's so thriving with life! She runs all over the place!

Jenine got engaged the same night Jessie grew up. She told me she was leaving to be with her fiancee'. I couldn't believe this was happening to me! I still needed her! But, the Family sim inside of me is telling me that my sister is more important then my career. I need to let her go. We'll manage somehow.
As Jenine got in the cab, we all waved goodbye. I think Jessie was the saddest to see her go, mainly because they grew so attatched. Oh well, Jenine will forever be in our hearts, and hopefully, just right down the street....